Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who I'm Rooting for in the MLB 2010 Season

Rather than making my predictions on who will win each of the 6 divisions in Major League Baseball this year, I'm going to tell you who I'm rooting for and why. It's just better that way, I think...

American League East: Tampa Bay Rays.

These are my boys! I have officially shifted my allegiance from my childhood team, the Cubs, to the Rays. Their local, their close by, my boys love them, &  I just love the way the new owner has put the team together.

American League Central: Minnesota Twins.

1. They spring train across the street from our church, so we kinda have to be fans!

2. We vacation in MN every June & have tons of friends in the Twin Cities.

3. They just got a new ballpark and I can't wait to see how she plays...

4. Joe Mauer is just sick!

American League West: Texas Rangers.

Let's be honest, this probably has more to do with Josh Hamilton than I think any of us would like to admit, but they have a cool ball park, and I just think someone should put a hurtin' on the Angels this year.

National League East: Washington Nationals.

I love a good underdog story. They have a brand new ballpark that is sweet. They have a ton of young pitchers and they got Pudge Rodriguez to train all those young pitchers. Well played Nationals Front Office, well-played.

National League Central:  Chicago Cubs.

My loyalty stands. There's nothing quite like Cubby Blue. Maybe I need a trip back to Ole' Wrigley this summer to revive my Cubbie Juices. We'll see...

National League West: Who Cares.

The Dodgers are arrogant.

The Padres stink, but have a cool ballpark.

The Giants have Tim Lincecum which my kids like.

The Diamondbacks are still trying to figure out who they are since they changed their colors a few years back.

The Rockies are probably the best team, but are purple, need I say more.

Gonna have a tough time watching anything from the NL West this year.

So there you have it. Who I'll be watching this year!

Now, for all of you out there going, "I can't believe Keller's too big of a chicken to actually makes some predictions," here you go. All be it, without explanation.

AL East: Rays

AL Central: Twins

AL West: Mariners

AL Wild Card: Red Sox

NL East: Phillies

NL Central: Cardinals

NL West: Rockies

NL Wild Card: Dodgers

World Series: Rays vs. Phillies

Rays = World Series Champs, baby!!!

By the Way, I'll be at Opening Night at Tropicana Field later this evening! It has become a tradition, & I like it!

Keller

0 comments:

Post a Comment