Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My 35th Birthday:: Reflections

Today is my 35th Birthday. I am officially in my mid-30's and I gotta be honest... I am having the time of my life.

If there is one word that I would use to describe my life at this point, it would definitely be GRATEFUL! I just feel so grateful that I get to live this life God has given me.

  • I have a great wife. Sarah, I couldn't ask for more. You are more than I could have ever imagined 18 years ago when we got together as teenagers.

  • I have 2 great boys! They really are amazing. They have such sensitive spirits and know right & wrong. Amazing.

  • I have a great church! NLC, you truly are a great group of people who get the vision and heart that God put inside of us so many years ago. I can't believe we get to impact Southwest Florida like this!!!

  • I go to work everyday with my best friends! Not too many guys get to do life with the group I get to. I seriously couldn't ask for a better team. Thanks NLC Staff for getting me and being willing to work with me and around me, at times, to make the dream of my life come true everyday.

  • I have my family close. I'm so thankful that my family lives near me and is apart of our lives like they are. We seriously couldn't do it without you! I love you mom & dad!!!

  • I get to influence other pastors & leaders across the country which is a dream come true. What a privilege to serve the Body of Christ like we get to do on a regular basis.


When I look across my life, there's really nothing else that I want. So today, on my 35th Birthday, I am so aware that there are very few people who ever reach the place that I find myself today.

"What a privilege, Lord, to get to do this. Thanks for giving me the courage to stay the course, even in the hard and difficult times. Thanks for shaping me in those seasons. And thanks for allowing me to experience where I am today. I am truly GRATEFUL."

Matt Keller

3 comments:

Dan Stauffer said...

You are awesome! Happy birthday! You are a gift to me and our church. Love you man!

D

Jeremy Copeland said...

Thankful for you and your influence! I pray that as blessed as you feel - that you haven't even begun to see what God wants to do in and through you. The best is yet to come.

Ronnie Whitfield said...

Thanks Matt for your heart, your passion, and your energy. You definitely have and are influencing other pastors. Thanks for giving back to ARC. Thanks for the encouragement too-I'm 35 and in the initial stages of planting. Need all the encouragment I can get!! God's only starting at NLC. Have a great day.

Post a Comment