Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I got serious thoughts on the New Year. I'm believing for some big time stuff. And I'm making a huge declaration over this year...

As we move into 2011, I have to tell you, I'm really excited for a lot of reasons. I believe 2011 can be the greatest year we have ever experienced. For Next Level Church and for every single person reading this right now. (Listen to my New Year's Kickoff Message Here)

I am believing God for 2011 to be 3 things:

1.  A Year of Expectation.

     I have high expectations of God this year! My hopes are high on what He's going to do in us and through us in 2011. I'm believing for huge things! Miraculous things! Monumental things!

2.  A Year of Transition.

     This year will be a year of physical transition for us as a church as we take occupancy of our 1st Permanent Location later this Spring which is all kinds of exciting! The facility that is being constructed as I'm writing this is a tool for us to impact and reach more people for Christ than we ever could otherwise. We're gonna see lives changed, marriages healed, leaders trained, kids impacted & the next generation empowered in that facility.

(Click Here to see the latest pictures from Construction)

     I believe that 2011 is going to be a year of transition for the region of SW FL as well. As one of the hardest hit economic regions in the country, we need a transition.

     I'm believing this will be the year that our cities begin to recover.
  • That jobs begin to return. 
  • That foreclosures decline. 
  • That there is a "lift" across Southwest Florida like never before. 
     May God use our church as a catalyst for that.
3.  A Year of Stories.

     Finally, I am believing that 2011 will be a year of stories. I shared with our staff yesterday that when Jesus was challenged by a religious leader, he didn't retaliate with perfectly crafted arguments or statistics or facts or figures. Instead, he simply told a story. A story about a Good Samaritan.

     When Jesus simply told a story, it broke the argument of the religious leader in half. Suddenly, all of the religious jargon was powerless in the face of a story. I am declaring 2011 to be The Year of the Story at Next Level Church. I am believing for thousands of stories this year of how God intervened and changed a life. How God showed up and did a miracle. How God appeared and brought clarity. How God came through for person after person.

     I believe that stories are potentially the single most powerful tool we have at our discretion as leaders and believers. Let's start telling stories this year! Let's let 2011 be The Year of the Story!

1 comments:

A Couple(s) Thoughts said...

I'm in for all of it! Thanks for leading Matt.

Post a Comment