Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

So there's this verse in Proverbs that's been messin' with me...

Proverbs 24:11 "Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter."

It's our responsibility to actively and aggressively go after those who are headed in the wrong direction. We can't just sit by and let them fall off a cliff of sin or poor decision-making, or complacency. I recently had a friend who jumped off a moral cliff and blew up his family, his ministry and did permanent damage. The amazing thing is, when I was with him about a month before everything blew up, I sensed a distance in my spirit, and had this overwhelming burden to go and talk to him. But I didn't.

Instead, I excused it by thinking, "We're just not as close as we once were. I don't have the relational tokens with him right now."

I wish I would have said something, perhaps things could have been different...

2 comments:

Chad Woolf said...

Thanks for being so honest Matt, I think a lot of us discern in our spirit that things aren't right with someone but are fearful of venturing into that unknown territory. I hope people take this to heart.

James 5:20 also comes to mind, "remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

Kingdom Builder said...

A nudge from the Holy spirit...it is one thing to feel it, it is yet another to act, however the battle is the Lords and be courageous to act on the feeling next time....no regrets...only the adversary of the Lord wants us to dwell in what could have been keeps us from serving in the moment...live a blessed day. Heidi

Post a Comment