Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Big Announcement

So the day has finally arrived!!!

On May 12th, 2012, exactly 10 years to the day after starting Next Level Church, I am happy to announce that...
 


I have signed a 2 Book Contract with Thomas Nelson Publishers to begin my writing career.




Since I was 18 years old I have felt a calling to write. Over the past 18+ years, that calling has been dormant, as I've felt like I've been in a season of preparation. Learning, growing, developing and gaining the necessary experience to stand confident in what I have to say.




Thomas Nelson, the world's largest Christian Publisher, has been the dream publisher for me for a long time. My leadership hero, John Maxwell, used Thomas Nelson to publish several of his best-selling books. So for the last 10 years, if you would have asked me what the dream was, I would have told you, "To write for Thomas Nelson." This is truly a dream come true!

My first book will be "The God of the Underdogs." (title could change)

This will be a general Christian audience book and the big idea is built on the fact that when you study the pages of Scripture you discover that everyone God used in a big way had to overcome an "Underdog Excuse" in order to become all God wanted them to become. God of the Underdogs will help readers identify and eliminate the "Underdog Excuses" that hold them back from achieving their dreams and becoming everything God wants them to become!

The scheduled release of the Underdogs book is slated for Fall of 2013.

At this point, the 2nd book is yet untitled, which will give my publisher and I an opportunity to think through exactly where my voice can be most effectively positioned to make the greatest impact in our culture.

Please be in prayer for me in the coming months, because now the real work of writing the book begins!

My prayer is that the Underdogs book will not just be a book, but will become a movement to inspire so many in this generation to see themselves differently then they ever have before.

It is my intention to keep you updated on how the book is progressing through the entire process here at MattKellerOnline.com and on Twitter and Facebook as well. The easiest way to follow the journey from concept to print is by joining our e-mail list. Simply click the button to the right and follow the 3 easy steps.

One final request, if you could go to the Underdogs Book Facebook Page and "Like" it, that would be amazing!

Thanks for celebrating with us today,


Matt and Sarah Keller

10 comments:

Tiffany Hernandez said...

I'm so happy for you Matt & Sarah! What an amazing opportunity! I really look up to you as a leader. You continually empty your cup and Steve and I have grown tremendously in the past nine months of being under your leadership! Thank you for believing in us and the young leaders around us!

We know that you will have much success with your book publishings, I cannot wait until they are released! Watch out everyone, young John Maxwell in the making!

The best is yet to come!

Nathan said...

Congratulations! That's really awesome, and I'm really happy for you!

God bless!

Alessandro Monte said...

So happy for you Pastor, I love your heart and everything you are about, the name of the book says it all, and I agree as I had to face and still facing being an underdog my entire life in just about everything I did, learned to love being that, but it is so much better to be able to overcome and beat the title of underdog, God bless you and all you do, again Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME MAN! You've got a gift and call and the body of Christ will grow through what God gives you. You're a trumpet match, one called to sound something that people can rally around. So glad Thomas Nelson sees it to. Ps. 45:1. I know you are ready for this. Blessings bud, @NathanCamp

Wayne Hanson said...

No surprise to me Matt! You're a great writer. =)

Nic Burleson said...

Matt - Happy for you my brother! Congrats! I know you're books will challenge, inspire, & help many. Up the Middle Church has already been revolutionary for us. Thank you for sharing your wisdom & experience with others!

Karen Zeigler said...

Matt & Sarah,

So excited for you and the journey you are beginning. No underdog writer for sure. From not having published straight to Thomas Nelson!! That Rocks!! No doubt they will be blessed to have you a part of their company.

I can't wait to read it! I love how God uses underdogs. It will be inspirational and motivational all at once. Sure to eliminate any excuses that are holding people back.

I'll be praying for you. @KarenZeigler

Justin Davis said...

So excited for you man! Can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

The next John Maxwell...Although he's awesome, I believe you're the first Matt Keller! Keep up the tenacious trend setting Pastor. We love you and we look up to you!

Bubba said...

Congrats! I'm fired up to read them!

Post a Comment