Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

A Few of the Things I'm Learning Right Now!!!

I realize that I've been a bit AWOL from the Blogosphere lately, and I
apologize. Quite honestly, I feel like the rhythm of my life has been crazy
lately and unfortunately, my blogorhythm is the first thing to suffer.

In light of my apparent neglect of reblogibility, I submit to you the follow
insights:

A few of the Things I'm learning in my life right now...

1. I'm Totally in Uncharted Territory. The deeper I go into this whole
thing called "Life & Ministry" the more I realize that I'm definitely in
over my head. The grace of God still better be sufficient or I'm sunk
pretty bad. 2 Corinthians 12:9 "...but Jesus said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.'" I'm living that right now, no doubt about it! It seems the further we go, the more that Scripture becomes true in my life!

2. "Life & Ministry" is a Team Sport. It's impossible to go where God is
leading us alone. We truly have a dream team at NLC. I can't even begin to
tell you how they have lived that out over the past several weeks. They
truly understand what it means to "manage" Matt's uniqueness and giftings.
They make my strengths look infinitely stronger than they actually are.

3. The Path to Success is through Teachability.
I am learning that I've got to continue to stay amazingly teachable in my leadership. To lead where we're going requires a completely different skill set then it does to lead where we are, or where we've been.

4. The Path of Teachability is through Humility.
I'm learning that being & remaining
teachable bites sometimes. It means admitting when you're wrong. Admitting
when you blow it. And that's anything but easy, I don't care who you are. Getting up, brushing yourself off, and getting back on the horse is essential.

5. Asking for Grace and Forgiveness from people is hard. There's nothing
more difficult for us humans than this one. And yet, there's nothing more
powerful and effective at positioning us for personal growth like it in the
whole world.

I'm going to continue this line of blogs all week long. I'm up to 19 things that I'm learning right now. I can't wait to share them with you...

Thanks for reading along,

Matt

1 comments:

Darci said...

Pastor Matt - I appreciate your mention of the invaluable qualities of teachability and humility. They are qualities I much desire to have my life characterized by, and I believe they are two of your greatest strengths. Shine on.

Post a Comment