Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

NLC Extreme Food Drive - A Huge Success!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of our church. Yesterday was the last week of our "Fuel for Life" Series and the "Extreme Food Drive" that went along with it. The Single's won by about 80 items, but the true winners are the 100 needy families that we helped yesterday afternoon. In all, we had close to 4,000 items brought in over the 5 weeks of the series. Already, we're getting responses from the families who received the food. Each one makes me cry.

I knew when we were putting the series together that I wanted to link it to a "community service" event, and this one was amazing! Mike and Scott did a great job each week, keeping it light and fun during announcement time.

After church let out yesterday, we had all the food set up on tables in the foyer and people & families were able to "pack the grocery bags" and then take them directly to the community and give them personally to the families! It was so amazing. I can't even begin to tell you the joy I felt in my heart watching hundreds of NLC'ers packing groceries after church.

We have truly been given so much, my heart for our church, is that we would leverage all that we've been given for the sake of those who are in need, both physically & spiritually.

I'm so proud of our church!

(NLC family... If you have a story you want to share about your experience yesterday with the food drive, I hope you'll comment back and we'll post it).

Matt

2 comments:

Sarah Keller said...

When we were putting Will & Drew to bed last night...Will (7 years old) said, "God, thank you for helping us starting this wonderful church so we could help families who had no food." Wow, he got it!!! Go NLC!

Debbie said...

I am thrilled to hear this was a huge success! Go Singles! Wish I was there to experience it myself! Go NLC!

Post a Comment