Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Christmas List - A Humorous Look

At the risk of getting comments like, "Dude, you're so selfish." or "Why are you making Christmas all about you?"  I want to discuss a very important and strategic part of my Christmas ritual... My Christmas List.

Right around Thanksgiving every year, I release my "Official" Christmas List.  It lives on the counter, or frig, or somewhere that everyone who wants / needs to see can see it.  Every once in a while I get a weird look from a "Non-List-Making" individual.  I don't let it throw me, but I feel obliged to explain my logic for "My List."  I shall use this blog to do so...

5 Reasons Why I Make a Christmas List Each Year:



1.  "You have not because you ask not." I'm not saying I'm quoting scripture exactly accurately here, but it's true... I don't assume that loved ones, friends, or perfect strangers for that matter are "picking up my hints" along the way.  Christmas morning is just too important to leave to chance!

2  "It's hereditary." I have to tell on my dad on this one.  He's a list maker at Christmastime too.  So I come by it honestly.  I watching my dad get what he wanted because he made a list.  Thanks dad!

3.  "It's just practical." If I'm being honest with you, I just like getting stuff I want on Christmas morning.  No need for surprises, just stick to the list and nobody gets hurt, you know...

4.  "It's all about the love, baby." Gifts are one of my favorite love languages, so come on somebody, love me!

5.  "Everyone's just happier." Who doesn't love getting something they really, REALLY want?!? I mean really?  When people get you what you want, even if it's silly stuff like "New cool looking, 1.00 magnification reading glasses" it just makes a guy happy!

So there you have it, agree or disagree, the reality stands.  I am a List-Maker, and at the Christmas Season, I will make my list proudly and without reservation, because hey, I love Christmas Morning!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment