Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Year End Leadership Challenges

Click Here to view this blog as a VideoBlog

http://www.tokbox.com/vm/291ab2pntms5

As the year comes to an end, I found some "Leadership Challenges" from the book of Proverbs, chapter 21.  I hope they challenge you like they're challenging me.

By the way, they're all taken from the Message Bible which I just love the vividness of the language.

Thanks for tracking along with my blog,

Keller


Proverbs 21:1  (The Message)  “Good leadership is a channel of water controlled by God; he directs it to whatever ends he chooses.”

1.  The Current of Leadership.

There is a powerful principle in this verse about what I would call, “The Current of Leadership.”  From this Proverb we can see that Leadership is like a river.  It has limitations and is driven by a strong current.  However, the course of the current is directed by God.

I can see a mighty river in my mind with a strong current flowing inside the banks and to a destination.  Our leadership must be the same way.  It must have movement, flow and a destination.  If we lack any of those things, we are simply unbridled water which has the power to destroy anything it touches.

However, if we keep ourselves inside of “God’s banks” we end up at our destination just fine and sweep many along with us as well.

Just a Bloggish Leadership thought,

Matt Keller

1 comments:

Tom Fenelon said...

Love the videoblog. What a great way to get your message across. As a stay at home dad with a young baby I haven't been able to get out of the house much and I haven't been to church as much lately as I would like. This is a great way to keep in touch with Next Level. Tokbox was a great find. God has taken your blog in a new direction and has blessed us all.

Post a Comment