Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Leadership Challenge #6

To view this blog as a video blog, click here

http://www.tokbox.com/vm/698wpfxi3ij4

Proverbs 21:6 (The Message) “Make it to the top by lying and cheating; get paid with smoke and a promotion – to death.”

6.  The Integrity of a Leader.

A while back I came across some information about a leader I had once admired greatly.  The information confirmed that this leader had not been the person of integrity I was led to believe they were.  In the days following, I found myself questioning whether any leader could actually live uprightly and run the race with integrity.

In trying to process through my questions, I called a friend of mine, Pastor Rick Bezet, who leads New Life Church in Little Rock, AK.  On the phone that day, Rick challenged me with this thought, he said, “This has everything to do with you & your heart.  Because you can flip a switch right now and check out.  And if you do, you’ll spend the next 20 years of your life “faking” everybody out, because you’re really good at what you do.  Or, you can decide to wrestle with God, like Jacob did, and become a true man of integrity that can be the real deal kind of leader that that other guy was not.”

I want to be the real deal.  Not some fake.  I wrestled with God.  And I’m seeking to live out my leadership life with authenticity and integrity to the absolute core of my being.

I hope you are too.

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment