Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Can a Cat Grow on You?

So we own a cat.  No, we have a cat.  I mean, my boys have a cat. No, my 8 year old has a cat.  My 8 year old has a cat that we all take care of.  Kind of... I mean, my mother-in-law takes care of the cat mostly.

I'm not super fond of the cat.  She's a black cat named Shadow.  She pretty much stays to herself most of the time.  She sleeps all day and then goes outside at night. (Except when its cold outside, then she stays in...)

Anyway, about a month and a half ago, the cat started coming into my office at home at 6 am when I would wake up and read my Bible. (We call this SOAP, Click the link to learn more.)  Well, at first she would just lay across the room and stare at me with that "why are you awake this early?" look.  But after a couple of weeks, she made her way down beside my chair where I subsequently began petting her.

So, late last week, as I was reading away, all of a sudden I look down and she's got her 2 front paws up on my chair with this, "Will you let me come up and lay down with you?" look.  Awe come on!!! Why do cats have to be cute like that?  So I slid over, which scared her and she ran off.  Only to come back less than a minute later and find ample room for her on the chair... with me.

Up she came, and as if she were playing out some nasty, manipulative scheme, she placed her head on my arm and looked up at me with her big green eyes!  Awe come on!!!  Seriously, what's next? Eating at the table with us???

I think we bonded... but don't tell anyone.  The cat might be growing on me.

I don't know...

Keller

1 comments:

Laura Marlin said...

I remember Shadow, I thought she was pretty cool! I think our cats (previously mine, and only 2) are growing on Michael, but shhh... don't tell!

Post a Comment