Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Follow Up to "Dream Again" - Part 1

As I was preparing to read Acts 3 from our SOAP Guide today, I prayed that God would show me something I've never seen before in the text. I have preached out of Acts 3 for years, but today, God showed me something different.

Acts 3 starts with Peter doing a miracle, which gets the attention of the crowd around him, and then Peter just starts preaching to them and let's them know that they were the ones who crucified Jesus just a few days ago. I mean it's No-Holds-Barred Stuff!

But then in verse 18, he makes a state and in the Message translation it says,

"But God ... knew exactly what you were doing and used it to fulfill His plans."
I couldn't help but read that in light of our Dream Again Series that began last weekend on Easter Sunday. 3 little phrases jumped off the page at me. If you've ever looked at your life and thought, "I'm not sure this is what God had in mind..." then read on:

Phrase #1:  "But God..." There is something about this phrase that gets me fired up. Every time I read it in the Bible I am reminded of God's Redemptive Nature and Power. God is a Redeemer, plain and simple. So maybe your dream isn't what you thought it would or should be by now, well, guess what... God's a redeemer, so hold on to God's BUT!!! (get it?)

Phrase #2: "God knew..." This one gives me great comfort when I look at the stuff in my life I don't understand. Because even though I may not understand it, God does. God knows what's going on. Period. Even when I don't, and that means I can trust Him.

Phrase #3:  "God used..." I love that God is still Great enough to use all the broken dreams and goofed up stuff we do as humans. I love that He can still use us for His plans, even after all we've faced or experienced or been through.

Our Dream Again Series is off to a great start at NLC & I hope this encourages you to never let go of your dream!

See you Sunday at 9 am & 10:45 am!

Pastor Matt

2 comments:

Steve Shore said...

Love it... great thoughts!

Tim said...

Thanks for the uplifting message today! Keeping the dream alive for people is so important these days. PTL!

Post a Comment