Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm Saying Something this Weekend, I've never said before... Read More here...

This weekend, we're talking Leadership at Next Level Church. In preparation, I'm sharing one thought each day about how I think about Leadership Development.

Here's Thought #3:

Teaching People how I think about Leadership and our Organization is how I grow Leaders.

     When I can get another leader to see what I see in terms of our organization, then I multiply my leadership and effectiveness. However, here's what I'm not saying. I'm not saying that I think everybody needs to think like I think about everything because the way I think is the best or the only way to think about the vision of our church.

     Whenever we teach leadership and vision to other churches or organizations around the country, we always say it this way: "It's not that I think about the vision best, it's just that I think about the vision and see it first." Biblically we believe in an "anointing flows down" philosophy. In other words, God puts the picture that an organization is called to paint on the canvas of their community in the heart and mind of one person first, and then it's his/her job to get everyone else in the organization to see that same picture.

     As a result, when everyone is seeing & painting the same picture, the organization reaches maximum effectiveness. Therefore it's my job to constantly be helping other leaders around me see what I see, so they can paint the picture we're called to paint. I don't see it best, I just see it first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment