Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanks #HamptonInn for EXCELLENT Customer Service! How I was surprised by a "Remarkable" Experience that made my Christmas!

Last week, I flew to Indianapolis for a quick 2 day trip to be with my nephew, Joey, who is going through Radiation for a battle with cancer. He's 7 years old. (To read Joey's story, click here)

Anyway, I opted to stay the 3 nights at the Hampton Inn in Greenfield, IN. And as a bonus, I had enough points for all 3 nights to be free. So, I enjoyed my free breakfasts, warm cookies and free coffee available throughout my stay. I even ran on the treadmill one morning... Nice. All of those features are par for the course for a hotel like a Hampton Inn.


However, on my 2nd night, when I arrived back at my room after being with my nephew and my family all day, I found a green lollipop, a green Ande's mint, and this card on my bed.


 
In case you can't read it, the card says in hand-written ink: "Dear Guest: Merry Christmas -n- Happy New Year! Be safe in your travels. May you follow your heart always! May the spirit of the season soar in your heart forever! God Bless, Wanda."

Now, I don't know if Wanda had "official jurisdiction" to do what she did, but I'm telling you, it made my week! Wanda had no idea who I was or what I was going through or why I was even staying in her hotel, but she took it upon herself to make sure that I was touched in a personal way! 

I'd be willing to bet that nobody at "headquarters" made her do that. And, I'd also be willing to bet that Wanda paid for all that out of her own pocket. AND, I bet Wanda doesn't make too much more than minimum wage.

So for her to do what she did, was a big sacrifice and a HUGE deal to me!!!
 
So thanks, Wanda, in Greenfield, IN. Thanks for brightening my day. Thanks for being remarkable. Thanks for taking extra special care of your guests. Thanks for understanding that every once in a while an uncle of a sick little 7 year old nephew is going to be staying in Room 405 and that uncle is going to need something to brighten up his emergency trip to Indiana.

Thanks Wanda for making Christmas a little brighter for me this year.

You made my day and my Christmas.
 
Matt Keller

0 comments:

Post a Comment