Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Underdogs Book - Update - Sunday, July 29th, 2012

So many of you have been wondering and asking, "How's it going?"



Well, here's an update:

1. This is a pressure unlike any pressure I've ever felt before.

And trust me, planting a church with very little money, a new baby, a wife and 2 college guys, (1 of which smoked) felt like a lot of pressure.

But this is different. This is a new kind of pressure. It's not bad pressure. Its just different pressure. I'm definitely feeling a pressure to keep pushing myself, writing, editing, rewriting, adding, deleting, etc.

I also have to fight the pressure to over think the process, or sike myself out. I have to trust that God has called me to this and therefore I am trusting that He is guiding my hands and thoughts as I put them together.

2. I'm having a blast! 

Having said all that, let me just say, "I love this!" Which must mean its a calling right?!? As of midnight last night, I have 6 of the chapters out of my head, written and rewritten to a point that I'm ready and willing to send them to my agent and publisher to get their High-Level take on them. (Yikes)! It's so much fun!!!

There's nothing like seeing it down on paper (or screen) to make it feel real!

3. I continue to believe the Underdogs Message can become a movement to inspire so many people! 

And that's what keeps me driving forward amidst everything else going on. Pastoring, speaking 3 times on the weekend, a fast growing church, leadership development, team dynamics, coaching other pastors, and training leaders. Needless to say, there's a lot going on.

Oh yeah, and my wife and kids!! haha. Just kidding! I actually feel like they're getting a pretty good version of me right now. Even though I'm carrying the burden of this project.


How You can Pray:

1. Pray my thoughts will be led by the Lord as I continue to write and rewrite the final chapters.

2. Pray for courage and security as I begin working with my editors, etc.
     I want to see us create the best possible book we can, which means I can't afford to let any insecurity or selfish opinions interfere. There's simply too much at stake.

3. Begin praying for the readers who will read the book next year!
     It's not too early to begin praying for those who will hear and be inspired by the Underdogs Message.

I'm so humbled and honored that you would want to follow along this journey with me...

Thank you.

Matt Keller

@MatthewKeller

1 comments:

Karen Zeigler said...

Thanks so much for the update and for the ways that we can pray for you. I will certainly include those in my prayer walk this week. I would also love to offer you a word of encouragement on the pressure. Whenever you feel pressure think of it as your clue to PRESS in.

P - Press in to God in PRAYER over the issues that are causing the pressure
R - RELINQUISH (let go) to God all that you can't control (which by the way is most of it)
E - EXPECT God to do great things in you & thru you through the process
S - STAND firm on the promises of God
S - SLAY the lies of the enemy with truth

Post a Comment