Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm fully Embracing my ADD these days

If I were a dying person they would say that I'm "going toward the light."
Fortunately I'm not dying, I'm just embracing my ADD. Life's too short to
be anything but me. I gave my kids haircuts on Friday, and they look super
cute. I just think they're the cutest things in the whole wide world.

My 4 year old is learning to count to 100. But after 40, he can't remember
the next big number. So he counts along, 31,32,33,34,35 in ever increasing
pitch and speed and when he hits like, 39, he just stops. Then someone near
him will yell out the next number (like 40) and without hesitation, as if he
knew it all along, he starts in again, 41,42,43,44,45 until 49 and then he
waits, someone yells 50 and away he goes.

Are you kiddin' me? That's cute, I don't care where you're from.

I occasionally wear gym shoes to the office, b/c you never know when you're
going to have to break out in to a run, you know.

I wish my "Pine Needle Scented Yankee Candle" was lasting longer.
Apparently, we put it under the A/C vent so it didn't really work to
stink up the house like Christmas.

We live in an amazing world where I spent $20 on a candle to make my house
smell like Pine Needles at Christmas and today some kids in Africa will die
because they don't have enough to eat.

Wow, let that sober you for a minute, (puts a new spin on generosity,
doesn't it?)

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

1 comments:

metamoses said...

You may be interested to hear that the new ADHDTV is due out pretty soon. It will come with crystal clear resolution and a bank of colored strobe lights. The tuner includes a built-in device that automatically changes channels after three minutes of uninterrupted single-station viewing, as well as a picture-in-picture-in-picture-in-picture option.
May want to wait for the second gen. product so they can work out the bugs, though.

Post a Comment