Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

All in a Day's Work

Here's the Monday Sarah and I had...

  • 4:21 am: Woke up in Lee's Summit, Missouri.

  • 4:50 am: 1st cup of coffee

  • 5:01 am: Drove to Kansas City, KS Airport

  • 5:57 am: Go through Security

  • 7:00 am: Flew to Orlando, FL

  • 7:50 am: Lady in row next to us passes out & they have to radio a doctor on the ground... scary stuff.

  • 8:15 am: Everything is fine.

  • 10:20 am: Land in Orlando, FL. (Raining outside)

  • 10:21 am: Find out our next flight is delayed.

  • 12:00 pm: See firetrucks next to our airplane.

  • 12:02 pm: Find out the firetrucks are for the plane next to ours that had to turn around and come back to the airport because they smelled smoke on board.

  • 12:03 pm: sigh of relief that it wasn't our plane.

  • 12:12 pm: Watch 5 policemen question a guy on the "smokey" plane.

  • 12:45 pm: Board our plane (#105 & 106 to get on)

  • 12:51 pm: sit in the very last row because we were #105 & #106 to get on.

  • 1:03 pm: take off from Orlando for Fort Myers, FL.

  • 1:33 pm: Reach the Fort Myers airport but have to circle for 10 minutes because "we have too much fuel on board to land." (glad we're saving gas now!!!)

  • 1:45 pm: Touch down in Fort Myers, FL.

  • 2:03 pm: Deplane in the further gate from baggage claim.

  • 2:08 pm: Get our luggage.

  • 2:15 pm: Meet Mike Ash who picked us up because he rocks.

  • 2:35 pm: Arrive home.

  • 2:40 pm: Shower, unpack, repack & leave for Miami.

  • 3:05 pm: Leave for Miami with my first Diet Mountain Dew in 4 days! (They don't have diet Mountain Dew in Kansas City or Lee's Summit, MO I guess...)

  • 5:15 pm: Find the church we're headed to for our conference tonight.

  • 5:16 pm: determine we need coffee or we're not going to make it through the session.

  • 5:18 pm: Follow the GPS to the nearest Starbucks.

  • 5:34 pm: Finally arrive at Starbucks. (it was actually inside a Barnes & Noble)

  • 5:58 pm: Arrive back at the church for the pastor's conference.

  • 6:03 pm: Mingle with a bunch of great pastors (2 we knew & 38 we didn't know)

  • 6:20 pm: Eat Spaghetti

  • 7:15 pm: Listen to Mark Batterson (one of my personal heros) speak.

  • 7:30 pm: Get my face rocked off by Mark Batterson, because he's just that awesome!

  • 8:30 pm: Give Mark Batterson one of my books! (Because I got the nerve up to do it!!!)

  • 9:15 pm: Fill up my car with gas on Miami Beach on the way to the hotel (because we were on E. I paid $2.28 / gallon, which stunk, but then Sarah said, "It still beats $4/gallon." Nice.)

  • 9:30 pm: Arrive at our hotel on Miami Beach that they are putting us up in for the conference.

  • 10 pm: Take a short walk by the beach and pool and begin debriefing the day with Sarah, cause she's so awesome.

  • 10:53 pm: Call the front desk to ask how to connect to the wireless so I can blog about my day

  • 11:07 pm: Start blogging about my day.

  • 11:22 pm: Let my wife proof this blog.

  • 11:30 pm: Go to bed because we have to be up at 6:00 am so my wife can workout and we can start day 2 of the conference. (I think I'm one of the Table Leaders, whatever that means...)


Other than that, not much happened today... I guess,

Except for what God spoke to my heart while I was SOAPing on the plane at 35,000 feet, which rocked my face off too.

By the way, the word God dropped in my heart was from 2 Peter 3:9 "God isn't late."

How appropriate!

Good night,

Keller

2 comments:

Nelly said...

Hey Matt,WOW...What a Crazy day.It's awesome that despite all that you were still open to hear from God.Plus you got to hear/meet Mark Batterson!My wife and I love him his books are amazing!!!I'm glad you got the guts to give him one of your books..Hope you enjoy the rest of the confrence!

TJ said...

That is crazy! I think I'll be able to relate starting this Sunday. I have to fly to a conference in Atlanta. I'll be there until Tuesday night. Then I'll get up early on Wednesday morning, drive to Tampa and get on a flight to Seattle. I'll be in Seattle until Friday morning then fly back that day. Most of my time will be in the air unfortunately. I will have two solid days that will be spent flying across the country. Should be a good time to get caught up on reading....

Post a Comment