Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My 2nd Thought on Developing Leaders

This coming weekend at NLC, I'm sharing some thoughts on leadership that I've never shared with our church before. In preparation for that, each day this week I'm sharing a quick thought on what I believe about leadership development.

Here's Thought #2:

I Strongly believe that one of my Highest Priorities for our Organization is to grow the Leaders on our Team.

     There are alot of things that I could be doing everyday within our organization. But I learned a long time ago, that there are only a precious few things that I can do that will add the greatest amount of value to our organization. And one of those few things is: Growing Leaders. More than e-mail, or busy work, or so many of the daily & urgent things that fight for my attention, here's what I've learned: When I spend time developing a leader, I'm multiplying the effectiveness of our organization.

     I make it my aim to help every leader in our organization reach their full potential for who God has created them to be. If I can do that then I believe 2 things happen:

1.  Our Organization will become the best that it can be.

2.  That Leader will become the best that they can be.

As I see it, it's a Win/Win! The Organization I'm called to lead wins, and the leaders within it win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment