Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Encouragement to Church Planters

So I found a new spot to connect with God. Honestly, I hesitate to share it with all of you b/c some of you who are Next Levelites are likely to go and find it and then be there and bother me and that will just make it not a hiding place anymore. (Just kiddin') Suffice it to say, I can see the entire Midpoint Bridge from where I'm sitting right now. AND... (and this is a big AND) Apparently, there is free wireless internet so... (I'm not sure how that works, but I'll take it!)

Here's an illustration for all the church planters who read this blog...

From where I sit I can see the cars heading onto the bridge. A few minutes ago, a guy comes riding by above me on a bike. From his vantage point, all he can see is the huge hill ahead and how far he has to go. After all, he's riding his bike to Cape Coral, so obviously, he's focused on the enormity of the task ahead.

From my vantage point, all I can see is how fast he's moving. As he rides by I'm thinking, "Wow, that guy is going fast for an ole guy." (Or something like that) He's making great time. The wind is at his back, he's going with the flow of traffic. That guy is doing a great job on his journey.

As one who has the privilege of coaching several church planters and pastors across the country, I see the same thing happen all the time. They are so focused on their road and have their eyes so fixed on the challenges ahead and can't stop thinking about the Big Vision that awaits on the other side, that they don't realize they're winning!

So, from one church planter to another, let me just tell you, I see you moving on your road! You're doing a great job! You're making the right time. God is with you, the wind is at your back. You're being successful at seeing lives changed in your community. Keep pedaling. Don't worry about the hills ahead. Oh yeah, and put your head up long enough to realize that there is an amazing view all around you! After all, you're on the bridge of God's Journey for your life! And the view from there is breath-taking.

I'm praying for you church planters today! I love you guys!

Matt Keller

0 comments:

Post a Comment