Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

What a Great Weekend!

Hey everyone,

I am so excited to blog in with you again. I had an amazing weekend! On Saturday I traveled up to Sarasota to speak at Bayside Community Church (www.baysidecommunity.org). My friend, Randy Bezet, is the Pastor. He was out of town for the weekend and asked me to fill in for him. Bayside is just under 5 years old and they are rockin' the house! They are an ARC Church Plant and Randy is a friend, mentor and quite honestly like a brother to me.

The meet in an Elementary School right now and are doing 3 services every weekend! 1 on Saturday night, and 2 on Sunday morning. Preaching the same message 3 times was a first for me! And I have to tell you, I'm tired! I was feelin' it during the last service on Sunday morning! All in all, I think there were close to 1,400 people in attendance between the 2 days! It's rockin'!

The weekend went great and I was able to connect with Alex, one of their staff pastors, and a great couple on their Board of Trustees.

John Goodnight accompanied me on the trip. John and Lisa Goodnight are staples of Next Level Church and have served faithfully on our Board of Directors for 3 years! They also carry our Hospitiality Teams and do countless other things that move the ball down the field for our church! It was great to spend time with John and talk about the vision of NLC and where we're headed in the future!

I missed being at NLC, and can't wait to see everyone this Sunday! I've got a great message I'm working on for this weekend. We're gonna have a time!

Have a great week everyone,

Just a bloggish update,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment