Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

I got my Nugget!!!

So last Wednesday night at our Connection Group, I challenged everyone there to "find a nugget" about leadership in the next week or so, and be prepared to share it the next time we got together! Well, I just couldn't wait, I had to share the one I found. It totally goes with the topic of discussion from last Wednesday night, we were having about "Character." It's a John Maxwell quotefrom his book, "21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader's Day," that is worth repeating:

"Anyone who displays inconsistency of character will not remain a voice of influence in the lives of others.""

He goes on from there and busts out another one like 2 paragraphs down:

"The effectiveness of any message relies more on the character of the messenger than on the content of the message.""

Wow. When I read those, I was challenged to the core. I want my character to shine through in my life like never before! I want people to see more Jesus in me than ever before. And yet, I'm keenly aware of how fragile the character of a leader is. God help me to guard my character like never before! Find me trustworthy in the days ahead!

Anybody else got a nugget on leadership they want to share???

Just a bloggish thought,

Keller

1 comments:

Herman Najoli said...

One of my favorite John Maxwell quotes is this: "Everything rises and falls on leadership. The key to rising and falling is influence".

Post a Comment