Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

I hate that my Battery Needs Recharged

So I'm the kind of guy who just wants the battery on my lap top to always be charged up and ready to go. It always seems like it runs out of life at just the wrong time. Just when I'm ready to take it somewhere further than 5 feet from a wall and type something profound, the battery is dead, or dying! I hate that... I guess I have unrealistic expectations for my battery life, huh? Many of you are reading this right now thinking, "Come on Keller, maybe you just need to be a bit more 'battery responsible' and plug it in strategically or methodically, so that when you need it, you've got the power you want and need!"

Great thought, and on a Monday morning, I can't help but think how our spiritual batteries get depleated and then we find ourselves at work, or in the car with our kids, or on a phone call, and we need some "spiritual power" only to find out that our battery is dead or dying. There's just not the power we were hoping to have in that moment! Perhaps we should take our own advice, "Maybe we need to be a bit more 'battery responsible' and plug in strategically and methodically, so that when we need it, we've got the power we want and need!"

How's your spiritual battery? Is it charged up and ready to go for another week? Or are you running on reserves or worse, dead? Look at the next 24 hours of your life, when can you carve in some time to plug in & recharge?

Just a bloggish thought,

Keller ... out (not bad for a Monday)

2 comments:

Darci said...

Great post, Matt! I need to do that spiritual re-charge thing first thing every morning or I'm a goner. (John 15:5) Thanks for being a great leader. Keep shining and spreading the fame of the Glorious One!

Scott Covington said...

Maybe you need a portable charger? They are great to have and don't cost much. For me, my portable "spiritual" charger comes in the form of listening to Christian music.

Post a Comment