Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Today I chose the Best Thing!

(Additional Content & Thoughts from the Message, "Moving Forward - Part 2" -
September 9th, 2007)

On Sunday I talked about choosing the "Best" over all the other "good"
things that go on in our day... Well, today I did that.

I woke up early, ran 3.2 miles, did a bunch of crunches, and then came down
and "Sat at Jesus' feet." Last week, Josh Quigley, our Programming Director
at NLC, shared with me how God was speaking to his heart through 2 Peter
chapter 1. (I encouraged him to blog about it, I'll let you know if he
does, and we can link you through...) So I spent some time there.

I also spent some time in Proverbs 10. It's all about the difference
between the way "righteous" people live their lives, and the way "wicked, or
lazy, or violent" people live their lives. Wow.

Here are a couple of things that jumped off the page at me:

V. 3 "The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry..."

Love that... Not just for me, but for the millions of believers world-wide
who may not have enough to eat. It makes me consider my "tootsie rolls"
again. (Great message by the way, check out Week 5 of our Matchbox Series.)

V. 7 "The name of the righteous is used in blessings..."

I have never seen that before. That God would actually bring our lives to a
place that when others think of Godliness, our name pops in their head.
Here's what that means for me. Let me give you an example, when I listen to a message by
another pastor often, I will stop saying, "I listened to a message by Craig
Groeschel the other day... Blah blah blah." Instead, I'll simply start
saying, "So I was listening to, "A Craig," the other day." See the
difference? Their name actually becomes a noun to represent something other
than just them. It represents something greater.

May that be said of us someday b/c of the way we lived our lives.

Thanks for letting me share how I chose the "Best" today...

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment