Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Going Up & Going In...

Here's what I'm learning right now... The further up you go, the more inward God wants to work in your life. It never fails that the minute God begins to bring increase in my life, (in any number of ways) that there is a requirement of God doing something greater inside of me as well. For example, if I am praying for God bump up the level of influence He wants for me to have in the lives of the people at NLC, then I know it's going to first start in me.

It's all about being "Trustworthy." I pray daily that "God would find me trustworthy." John Maxwell says it this way: "If you want to grow the organization, first grow the leader." So... in order for NLC to grow and become the life-impacting organism that we dream it can be, it has to first start with me... the leader.

It's been fun over the past 5 1/2 years to grow in my understanding of this concept. Because in the early days, I thought that it was about a whole bunch of other stuff. (which is important to some degree) But now, I'm realizing that it's me. "God wants to do a work IN me more than He wants to do a work THROUGH me!" Holy smokes, that's good! (It'sanother Maxwell quote, not an original, unfortunately.)

Let me say it again to make sure you get it:

"God wants to do a work IN you, more than He wants to do a work THROUGH you."

What if we could carry that around in our hearts this week? It might change us in some way, huh?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment