Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Made to Stick - Book Review

I just finished the book, Made to Stick, by Chip and Dan Heath. I mentioned this book in an earlier blog last week, but I'm done now. So here are a few of my thoughts...

1. Their book is insightfully sticky. Which I suppose it should be, based on the subject matter.

2. Some of their illustrations are cumbersome & had a tendency to get me lost. Maybe it was just my ADD, but I liked all the illustrations, but then I found myself going, "What are they talking about now?" or "What's this got to do with the subject of the chapter?" So...

3. This book is perfect for every preacher. It's a great perspective for making your messages better, that's for sure.

4. There's a recap in the back that helped me injest all the info.

5. I said last week that Made to Stick could be the Good to Great of Communictions books. Unfortunately, I don't think they lived up to my initial billing.

6. Overall rating, I would give the book a 6 out of 10. It's a good read, if communication is a large part of what you do.

I am interested in finding other podcasts, or resources that they've created. B/c I think that they have alot of good things to say.

Just my bloggish thoughts,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment