Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

4 Things I'm Learning about Leadership Right Now

1. It's a Marathon not a Sprint.

Every race has ups and downs, highs and lows, ebbs and flows. Leadership is no different. Leadership is certainly not for the faint of heart.

If you want your life to matter and you want to impact other people's lives, then there is a serious commitment level involved. and sad to say, only a few survive the rigors of the Leadership Race.

Running a good race has everything to do with pace, rhythm and encouragement. Running the leadership race is exactly the same.

I'm learning that right now,

Thoughts???

Matt

2 comments:

Don Barnett said...

Matt!
Good blog! A marathon and not a sprint. I am already thinking years down the road to the time the baton must be passed. I am so glad that Mike and Trin are there with you and Sarah and that the Father has knit your hearts together. Looking forward to the other three things you are learning about leadership. I am still eager to learn!
Peace to you and yours. And good journey!
In Jesus' Love,
Don and Carol Barnett

Cory Jenk said...

From my perspective on this. It's okay to "jog" some days.

I know with myself, if I start treating it like a sprint.. I sometimes start overlooking the 'inside of the cup'. That is when the situation just gets worse and worse, because I pay more attention to the 'outside of the cup'.

So for myself, there are some days where I need to sort of "jog" and focus on the 'inside of the cup' via mediation; rather than sprint, so that I get my 'second wind' from the Lord.

There is a lot ways to look at this.. especially when you get into stages of spiritual journey or orientation, disorientation, and re-orientation...

However we look at it, Jesus is Lord.

Great stuff! ~Cory

Post a Comment