Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

What I’m Learning about Generosity Part 1

What I’m Learning about Generosity


 


I don’t know if you’ve ever had the experience where you know that God is growing an area of your life.  The kind where enough individual, unrelated circumstances all converge at once, and when you pause to reflect on it, you realize that there is a similar theme at work in all of them.


 


Well that’s happening for me right now.  I’ve always considered myself a generous person, but apparently God is teaching me a ton more.  That’s what the next series of blogs are all about. 


 


So no matter where your current generosity level is, I hope these blogs will stretch you even further.


 


Here’s #1:  Generosity can change a life.


 


We never know when a singular generous act on our part will change the life of another.  Our generosity communicates hope and belief in others that can give them the strength to move forward.


 


This recently happened to me.  A friend’s generous act on my behalf has positioned me to walk through a door we’ve been believing for God to open.


 


? What act of generosity can you do this week that could change a life?  Pray about it, you might be surprised at the opportunities that present themselves.


 


Just a bloggish thought,


 


Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment