Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

If you want to know how secure you are, simply invite someone to critique the thing that you think you do best...

Teachability Thought #4:

Teachability Requires Security.

Only secure leaders are teachable. Let's face it, allowing the experiences and thoughts of others challenge us at our deepest levels is just down right scary. In order to be teachable, it requires a ridiculous amount of security.

As a teachable leader, I'm learning things about myself that I must face head on and then change for the better. I'm sifting out character flaws and inconsistencies that hold my leadership back. I voluntarily asking for someone to challenge my successful ideas and make them better.

Teachability invites challenge to the status quo and conventional way of thinking and doing things. Only secure leaders can handle that. If you want to know how secure you are, simply invite someone to critique the thing that you think you do best.

Teachability requires security.

? Are you willing to challenge your deepest held beliefs? Are you willing to face your character flaws and inconsistencies?

0 comments:

Post a Comment