Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Most Current Thoughts on Tokbox Dissolving, Video Coaching, & How We Change the World Together...

I found out late yesterday that Tokbox.com is shutting down as of April 5th, 2011. As many of you know, we have developed an entire Video Coaching Ministry built on the back of Tokbox. And as you can imagine, I have been hearing from a ton of you in the last several hours offering your condolences, wondering what we're going to do now, & saying things like, "Wow, that really sucks to be you!"

So, here are my most current thoughts:

1.  For 3 years, we've been driven by a question:

"What One Idea, if we could figure it out, could completely revolutionize our industry?" 

 I continue to be 100% convinced that Virtual Video Coaching is that "One Idea" that could completely change the lives of thousands of Pastors & Church Planters who effect and lead millions of people.

First, I believe it is completely unrealistic to think that pastors can get the adequate coaching and help they need to lead their churches to the Next Level by having to pay thousands of dollars to fly to Big Conferences that are heavy on Motivation & Inspiration, but don't have the ability, nor are they designed to, adequately walk pastors through a monthly processing of applying the practical information that can change their lives and ministries. Video Coaching does that.

Second, Nor do I believe it's possible for 90% of the churches in America to pay hundreds of dollars each month to participate in an "In-Person" Coaching Community where they are required to fly to a single location, pay for meals, car, hotel, etc. only to be face-to-face with a group of pastors for a few hours and then everyone has to fly home. Only to have to do it all again the next month. I pastor a large church, & I don't have the ability to pay the several thousand dollars it would require to do that. Video Caoching doesn't require a Big Budget!

2.  The following paragraph is what drives everything I do with Next Level Coaching...

85% of churches in America have less than 100 people. 

  • What if we could get each of those churches the tools they need to double in the next year? 
  • And what if we could do it in a monthly, cost effective, instant, commute-less format like Virtual Video Coaching? 
  • (Which judging from our results over the last 3 years, is extremely possible) 
I am firmly convinced we could effect millions of people in small or medium sized churches across the country (& around the world, BTW, we had a pastor from Germany in our last Group who has seen significant growth in the last few months...)


3.  Telecoaching (or Conference Call Coaching) just isn't the same. 

I know a number of my peers are using telecoaching to coach pastors, but I'm just telling you. I've done it and compared to video coaching, there's no comparison. It's the equivalent of listening to the Super Bowl on the radio, or watching it on TV. Hands down, 100 times out of 100, we'd all choose to watch it on TV.

We'd never ask a small group in our church to "phone in" to their group. We'd all admit that real relationships and connection won't happen the same. It's too one-sided on a conference call. Conference Calls have their place, but there's no comparison to face-to-face for real relational coaching.

When we use Video Coaching, we're creating a small group for pastors to built relationships face-to-face and grow together. Video Coaching is the equivalent of a Small Group for Pastors. There's nothing else like it anywhere.

And I am firmly convinced that if we can figure this out, we can change the face of the "Church" across the country!

4.  "Necessity is the Mother of Innovation." 

 With the dissolving of Tokbox.com, I am obviously aware that this effects what we do in a HUGE way! And as far as I've seen up til now, I've not found any other Video Technology like it. (Not that doesn't require the budget of the Federal Government to afford.)

However, I'm committed to finding it or creating it. We live in a world where I can buy a car on ebay from my iPhone, for crying out loud, somebody somewhere has to be able to figure this out!

I am working on getting an appointment to talk to Ian Small, the CEO of Tokbox, Inc. as soon as possible. If you know him, tell him to call me. Seriously.

Also, I'd love to talk to anybody else that knows a Software or App Developer. 


I believe we can change the world if we can figure this out... It won't take much, just a little bit of effort. Imagine what's possible if we can dial this in?!? Imagine the leaders we can train, the pastors we can help, the people we can effect?

If you know someone, or want to be apart of the solution,
5.  For 9+ years now, I've had a phrase that I jokingly say will end up on my tombstone, (if I have one, cremation is big in Florida).

That phrase is:

"We're Church Planters, we don't take no for an answer. We figure it out, that's what we do!"

9 years ago, we moved across the stinkin' country with a baby & $9,000 to start a church, & today there are over 1,000 people who attend weekly. With God, All things are Possible!

Here's another Phrase, in closing, that I love to say...

"Don't tell me it can't be done, tell me how it can be done!" 

So to all of you who are wondering my most current thoughts on, "What we're Going to do..." there you go. Stay tuned, it's going to be an amazing ride.

We're going to figure this out, because there are too many pastors who need what we're trying to create through Virtual Video Coaching.

Thanks for helping me figure this out,

Matt Keller

BTW, if you haven't seen our coaching site, go to http://wwwMyNextLevel.me

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT BABY!!!

This is great stuff.... I am completely convinced we wouldn't be where we are as a church without this technology.

Pastor Matt is right...we can't afford to go to all these conferences and pay the kind of money they are asking.

Consistent coaching has made a difference.

I'm praying this is just another discovery that is on the horizon!

Seize it baby!

Post a Comment