Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Breaking into the "Bigs"

My leadership is being stretched in so many ways right now, it’s ridiculous. I absolutely love being stretched as a leader to think thoughts I’ve never had before and look higher than I’ve ever done before concerning NLC. If I had to sum up the One Big Goal of NLC in the next 6 to 9 months I would say it’s, “Breaking into the Big Leagues.”

I love Baseball Illustrations and this one has served me well for quite sometime now concerning the present state of NLC. I feel like last fall we were definitely at the Double A (AA), Farm Team, Level. But as of the first of the year, we have definitely broken into Triple A (AAA). The stakes are higher, more people are tuning in, the pitching is faster, there are more seats in the stadiums, the ticket prices are higher, even the concession stands are different. I can’t explain it entirely except to say that it just feels “bigger.” Like there is more at stake.

Well, in the last few weeks, there has been this urgency in my heart, and Sarah’s heart and Mike’s heart that God is wanting us to get prepared for “The Major Leagues.” I think that everything we do across NLC is going to be morphing and changing in some amazing ways in the next few months. From the opening of the Warehouse space, to some staffing opportunities that are opening up, to internal structural changes on a leadership level that will position us to be more streamlined and effective. Life at NLC is about to “Break into the Bigs.”

I imagine that this illustration will continue to surface over the next few months here on my blog as I work through, grow into, and learn all that I need to know to “Break into the Bigs.”

Thanks for reading, “My Blogish Thoughts…”

1 comments:

Mike Ash said...

welcome, my friend...welcome...

Post a Comment