Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

NLC & the Attributes of Jesus; (Intentionally Hanging Out...)

Ever since the Monday, May 21st, post when I wrote the statement, "I don't just want the blessing of God on Next Level Church, I want the attributes of God to be present at Next Level Church," I have found myself really wrestling with that whole idea. Here are a few of the ways it's been effecting me... May it do the same for you...

  • I am challenged to discover the Attributes of God in the Bible. If we really want that, then what does that look like according to the Bible. I think this may be the focus of the next 10 days of my life. I am going to have some time over the next 2 weeks to pursue this. What does the Bible have to say about "resembling Jesus?"

  • I am challenged to discover the Attributes of God in my own life. Where am I already living like Jesus? There is a good chance that many of us "resemble Jesus" in our everyday lives more than we think we do. It might be a good source of inspiration to find those moments and be able to celebrate them.

  • I am challenged to discover the Attributes of God already present inside of Next Level Church. Here's one for you... When a small group of people get together to encourage one another in their faith, and pursue God and study His Word together, that looks a whole lot like what Jesus did. Here's another one... when a group of people come together to serve someone else, that resembles Jesus. One more... when two or more are gathered in His Name (read attend church on Sunday) they resemble Jesus. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that He (Jesus) is in the midst of them when they gather together.


My hope for us as a church is that as the busyness of summer approaches we will continue to make "doing life together," a priority... because when we do, I think that in some little way, we reflect an Attribute of God.

I'll keep working on this if you will...

Just another bloggish thought...

Pastor Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment