Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thoughts on Understanding the Will of God for our lives as Leaders (Part 2)

Hey guys, I have been excited to share with you 4 more insights from Colossians 2 about Understanding the Will of God.  In part 1, we hit the first 4 things we can do when we understand the Will of God for our lives.  Here are a few things I see in verses 11-14.  Let me review the first 4:

  • We can live a life worthy of the Lord.

  • We can please Him in every way.

  • We can bear fruit in every good work.

  • We can Grow in the knowledge of Him.


  Alright, here's 5 - 8:  

  • We can be strengthened with all power.  I love the idea that when we're walking in the Will of God for our lives, we don't have to face our lives in our own power.  We can walk confidently in His Strength, not our own!  I am challenged with how often I tend to lean on my own strength and power, rather than leaning completely into His strength and power.  ? Who are you leaning on:  You or God?

  • We can have great endurance and patience.  I am blown away at what we will endure and "put up with," when we are confident that we are in the Will of God for our lives.  In fact, I would venture to say there aren't too many things we WOULDN'T endure in our lives in order to fulfill God's Will, right?  Paul wrote about this in Romans 8 when he said that, "nothing could separate him from the love of God..."  It's also interesting to note that he wrote most of the New Testament while under intense persecution.  Wow.

  • We can give Thanks.  I can't tell you how much of a daily occurance this is for me now.  To wake up and give God thanks for what I have the privilege to be and do in my life.  I am so blown away at the Mercy of God that is apparent everyday in my life.  What a privilege to be where I am.  I was mowing my yard and thinking that, even though I'm not particularly fond of mowing my life, "This is the time of my life!!!"  I just love being in God's Will for my life right now.

  • We can share in His inheritance.  So check out how Paul finishes his thought right here.  By giving us the long perspective of living a life in God's Will.  We get to share in the inheritance of heaven!!!  Come on!  That is just incredible!  We get to.  Not because we've earned it, but b/c God just loves us that much!


 So, here are the closing thoughts I want to challenge you with:

?  Are you walking in His strength or yours?

?  What are you presently enduring for the Will of God?

?  Where do you need to give God thanks?

?  When was the last time you placed your life against the perspective of Eternity?

Just a few bloggish thoughts... hope they add insight to your Bible Study...

Pastor Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment