Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

From Indy 500 to Tiger Woods to...

Hey everyone, Sarah and I are currently in Columbus, OH visiting our friends Scott & Kirsten Drummond. As many of you know from my last post, last Sunday we spent the day at the Indy 500. It was rainy and wet but still a ton of fun. It was great to see my brother, mom and dad and race cars at 235 mph.

We spent a couple of days at mom & dad's house and then left the boys with "Mamaw & Papaw" and took off for Columbus. In the spirit of my "sports junkie tendencies" Scott got us tickets to the Memorial PGA Golf tournament today here in Columbus. So I got to spend the afternoon following Tiger Woods around the front nine! It was something to behold! At one point I stood next to the rope and let him walk by. He's about my height (6'1 1/2") but is skinny and really strong. (Like ridiculously strong. Like stand back away from the ropes b/c he's that strong,) kind of strong.

It's just great to spent time with Scott and Kirsten. They totally share our heart for ministry and people and we have such a unity of spirit with them that it's almost uncanny. (They also have 2 boys who are a few years older than ours as well, so I'm always asking for parenting tips...) Anyway, it's great to rest and relax for a few days. I'll keep all of you posted as to our where-abouts in the next couple of days.

Can't wait to see all of you soon,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment