Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Big League Leadership Thought - Integrity & Priorities

By far one of the greatest struggles I face right now is in the area of integrity. What i mean by integrity is the idea of "oneness throughout," - down to the core. I feel like I have so many irons in the fire all at the same time that you begin to feel this "scattered" thing start to creep in. I feel like I am having so many conversations on so many levels with so many people that the thing begins to feel skizophrenic in a way. I don't know. Perhaps that's all part of the "releasing thing" that has to happen in order for people to reach their full potential as leaders inside NLC!

I know that I have to protect my solitude that's for sure. The higher up you go, the more quiet you have to have in your life. I know it's just not optional for me right now. I need Jesus in a big, big way. And that means I've got to shut off the noise more often.

It's a struggle to maintain focus on so many levels all at one time. it's weird because in the early days of church planting you have to be a generalist. Then as the thing gets bigger you have the ability to stay more speicific, but I feel like where I find myself now is this place of a "focus by necessity." I don't have the luxury to be as scattered as I once was.

(I recognize that these are rather scattered thoughts, so sorry about that... hopefully a nugget will jump out at you)

I am anxious to revisit a list Mike read to me at lunch about 4 weeks ago he found in a book written by the leadership of Grainger Community Church (which is where we got the whole "mycrappysexlife.com" idea. They did "mylamesexlife.com" Yeah, those guys). The list was basicaly "5 Things that only the Senior Pastor can do." Here goes from memory.

1. Cast Vision for the Organization.

2. Commuicate the Word of God effectively.

3. Love his wife and kids like they need to be loved.

4. Take care of himself.

5. Drink deeply from the well of God on behalf of the church.

May my days be centered around the reality of those 5 statements in the days ahead. Only then will I have the ability to live in true "integrity."

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment