Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's Not "If" it's "When" ...

Have you ever had one of those things in your life that you just KNOW is going to happen? One of those big ideas, or goals or "Targets on the Bullseye" of your life that you are just confident is going to happen? Well, I feel like I've got a number of those happening in my life right now all at the same time. Here are a few of my thoughts:

  1. When you have that kind of confidence, it changes the way you pray. I find myself praying completely different when I have that kind of confidence in my heart. Instead of praying some half-hearted, mamby-pamby prayer, I find myself praying boldly. Instead of praying for the idea or goal, I find myself praying that God would prepare my heart to be ready "when" it happens. Instead of praying in hypotheticals, I find myself praying in realities!

  2. When it's a "when" instead of an "if" you have an urgency in the decisions you make daily. You begin to treat the details of your life differently. You begin to filter everything differently in your life.

  3. When it's a "when" & not an "if" it changes your priorities. Suddenly, things that are lower on your priority list begin to move off your radar, and the things that bring preparation for the "when" that's coming push to the top.

  4. When it's a "when" & not an "if" it changes the way you lead. The way you prepare and lead your team begins to change. There is a confidence that comes to the entire team when you know that the "if" is actually a "when!"


So what are the "when's" in your life?

Have you been treating them as "if's"?

What changes do you need to make in the way you, pray, decide, prioritize, & lead those around you in your life?

Just a bloggish thought...

Matt

1 comments:

Laura (L.C.) said...

Wow! That is SO true. I have an area of my life that I KNOW God is going to do something. He spoke it very clearly to my heart about 18 months ago and I know with certainty that it is part of his plan for me. Even though I don't know "when." And the coolest thing about it is that it really helps me make daily decisions. If something comes up that I would normally be confused about - I just measure it next to what he has already promised me, and it is much easier to make the right descision. Thanks for your leadership, thanks for your blog and thanks for being YOU!

Post a Comment