Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Importance of Drinking Deeply

Nothing can take the place of drinking deeply from the well of God. This morning I found myself at a rather dry place and rather than doing what is typical Matt fashion, (which is running into the fray and busyness of my day,) I drove to the Bell Tower Shops, sat down outside of Blackhawk Coffee Shop, all alone and connected with Jesus.

There is an instrumental CD on my iPod that has really been ministering to me lately. It was done several years ago by a friend of mine that I have lost touch with, but I can’t even begin to tell you how just listening to instrumental worship began to still my soul.

Psalm 23 says “He leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul.” I experienced that this morning.

I was able to open up the Bible and read from Proverbs and Psalms and understand how God’s love is unfailing (Psalm 107). He helps the sick, the lost, the bound & the mighty by supplying just what they have need of.

I was challenged in my personal growth by a chapter on Character in a John Maxwell book I'm reading.

I know that my day will bring with it stresses, pressures, decisions and scenarios that will REQUIRE the wisdom of God. I’m so thiankful for a moment in time, away from the hecticness of life, to connect with Jesus.

Jesus modeled this for us by escaping to the mountain to pray. I think he understood something, didn’t He, about needing to Drink Deeply from the well of the Holy Spirit?  To allow God a chance to "Restore His Soul."

So what about you? Are you taking time to pull away from the craziness of your life for a few moments and be still and know that He is God, and you don’t have to be?  Make time for it today... you won't regret it.

I’m so glad I did…

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment