Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More Thoughts on "Being Funny" - Part 2

#7: If it’s dirty, it’s not Funny.

One of the great comedic principles I have been instilling in my 2 boys since they could talk is this: If it’s dirty, then it’s not truly funny.

Crude humor is the easy way out. Anybody can throw in a bodily function or swear word and get a laugh. I don’t call that humor, I call it cheating. If you want to be truly funny, find the common stuff of life that no one sees and learn to exploit it to a hilarious level. ( Like the fact that the back of a lot of Florida License Plates looks like a dinosaur monster from far away… It wasn’t til recently that I realized it was actually two oranges hanging over the top of the state of florida. I have lived in Florida almost 7 years... that's funny.)

I have very little tolerance for “cheap humor.” It’s just too easy to be funny without all that.

Matt

1 comments:

scott turner said...

my girls love potty humor (not anything dirty or foul), they got that from mary's dna - please pray for us. the t-word (toot) is used way to often in the turner household.

Post a Comment