Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Thoughts on "Being Funny" - Part 5

#5: People are a bottomless pit when it comes to laughter.

As we conclude this week’s set of blogs on My Thoughts on Being Funny, I want to point out a reality that too few communicators ever realize. When it comes to laughing and enjoying themselves, people can never get enough.

Now let me be very clear to say that, that doesn’t mean that as a communicator you shouldn’t know when to cut it off and move on. It’s always better to leave an audience saying, “It’s over already,” rather than, “When is this going to end?”

In all my years of public speaking, I’ve never had someone say to me, “You’re too funny… you really should try and be more serious, more often.” Never. Not once.

Kind of makes you rethink the definition of “Effective” when it comes to public speaking doesn’t it?

Have a hilarious weekend,

I would love to hear your funny stories in the comments section by the way,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment