Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Thoughts on "Being Funny" - Part 4

#9: Funny Stories connect with people.

I am a story teller. It’s one of the most frequent tools I use in Being Funny. Jesus was a story teller, and I think Jesus probably was a lot more funny than history records of him.

Truthfully, I can’t help but read the Bible with a humorous edge. You know there had to be moments where Jesus and the disciples just busted out laughing. At least I hope so.

Anyway, learning the art of telling a funny story can bring down a dinner party, long day on the bleachers at a little league game, or break down walls around new friends.

If I were you, I would find about 6 funny stories from your life and then practice telling them over and over again until they are truly funny.

If you've never heard the one about my wife falling on her face on our honeymoon, then you've never really lived!!! It's hilarious. (Intrigued??? I'm telling you funny stories work to capture people's attention.)

One of the greatest ways to build your self-esteem and let others know you are secure is tell a funny story with yourself as the butt of the joke.

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment