Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Greatest Question - Listening - Part 3

I think I stumbled across it initially. I wasn't really expecting it, or even looking for it. But when I heard it come out of my mouth, I thought, "Wow, that was a great question!" Then, Mike, our associate pastor at NLC, said, "Bro, that really is the greatest question ever!" And so the deal was done.

I am now the official originator of "The Greatest Question Ever." (I know Andy Stanley has "The Best Question Ever" but...)

Anyway... here it is: If you were me... what would you do?

Now at first glance, this can see like a pretty average question, but when it comes to learning and listening, here's why this question is the Greatest:

1. It puts the other person in your shoes.

2. It invokes all their expertise & experience into your situation.

3. It allows you access into how they process information and make decisions.

Try it out this week. Ask the question and then listen to how others respond. You'll be amazed at what you hear. It really is the Greatest Question Ever.

You're Welcome... :)

Matt

1 comments:

Mike Ash said...

that is really is an amazing question!

Post a Comment