Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

5 Things I HAVE to do as a Leader - Part 3

This week we’re talking about 5 things that I HAVE to do as a leader. They’re not always fun, but they’re always right!

#3: I HAVE to Resist the Wall of the Unknown.

In the course of leading an organization, a leader will inevitably come up against “walls of the unknown.” Those moments are a crossroads for any leader. I have learned that…

* I can’t let the unknown keep me from making a decision. Inaction is perhaps the most powerful action of all in leadership.

* I have to trust my leadership intuition. This is the part that you can’t teach. But the further a leader goes in their leadership, the more they can hone the skill of “trusting their intuition.”

* I have to seek wise counsel. In addition to intuition, when I hit a wall of the unknown, I immediately pull in another set of eyes. My wife is great for this, as are Mike and Scott, the rest of my Executive Leadership Team. Their eyes always see what mine do not.

* I have to act. The unknown can’t become a wall that fences in the potential of our organization.

? Where are you standing at the wall of the unknown? What do you need to do to push through it?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment