Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

5 Things I HAVE to do as a Leader - Part 4

#4: I HAVE to Invite Questioning.

One of the decisions I have to constantly keep on the edge of my consciousness as a leader is to Invite Questioning! This isn’t an easy one for me. I’m a visionary leader by gifting and I so to willingly invite others to take a critical look at my ideas is hard. Here’s how I do it…

1. I don’t take it personally. I have to separate my identity from my ideas. If I take personally a team member critiquing my ideas in order to make them better, the organization and our people lose.

2. I have to recognize that my ideas don’t have to be the best decisions. The best decisions we’ve ever made for our organization have ALWAYS come through collaboration, never by a single individual.

3. I have to recognize that my ideas don’t HAVE to be the final decisions. My responsibility is to get ideas started, and then let others make them better, different, and more precise.

That’s the way we get Great Ideas that transform our church and the lives of the people in it!

? How are you doing at INVITING critical analysis of your ideas?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment