Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Friendship - Part 1 - Belief and Trust

This week is dedicated to friendship. The concept of friendship begins in Elementary school and supposedly continues through the remainder of our lives. However, the reality for most of us is that, the older we get, the fewer TRUE FRIENDS we really have. I am blessed to have some true friends in my life. This week is centered around how I think about friendship.

Thought #1: Friends Believe and Trust.

One of the staples of True Friendship in my mind is Belief and Trust. As a friend, I want to be a believer in my friends. I see it as my role, as a friend, to be a cheerleader for my friends’ hopes and dreams! I want them to know that I am behind them and pushing!!!

A second step of belief is trust. I want my friends to know that I trust them. Trust is the backbone to great friendships.

When it comes to my friends, it is a huge deal for me to know they believe in me as well. Nothing gives a leader confidence like the belief of a friend. The greatest way my friends show me they believe in me is by the trust they place in my leadership. There is no better feeling then when I call a shot, and my friends support it. That’s true friendship.

? Do you have any “True Friends”?

Rick Warren says, “You don’t need a lot of friends, but the ones you have need to be great ones.”

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

1 comments:

Orlando said...

Am I one of your true friends?

Post a Comment