Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

My Non-Negotiables - Part 1

This week, I want to zero in on those things in my life and leadership that I will not compromise. Period. No question, these are the 5 things that nobody can take away from my priority list. I hope these will be a great reminder and check up for each of us as we pursue our leadership journeys.

#1: My Faith.

I have to start with this one because it sets the table for everything else in my life. Since I was 15 years old, my faith has been the #1 thing in my life. I worry about the leader who doesn’t have a strong faith and relationship with God. The leadership journey is too tough to have to be the end all and ultimate authority for everything in life.

I love being able to know that there is a Divine Creator who is orchestrating the events of my life with me.

Great Question: What are you doing to Grow it?

Faith is never meant to be a destination or arrival point. Everyday, we have to press in and grow our faith. For a great perspective on that, listen to Part 5 of our GPS series we did this summer.

My Faith is a Non-Negotiable for me. I will not compromise it to advance. Period.

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

1 comments:

Dan Stauufer said...

This is huge! As a leader, I know far too well, my time with God can get overwhelmed with what I need to get to give to others rather than get to grow personally.

Thanks for the reminder.

Dan

Post a Comment