Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

How I think about Leadership Development - Part 5

#5: Reproducing Leaders is a Sacrifice I’m Willing to Make.

I think we underestimate the amount of value produced when we intentionally reproduce leaders around us. Is it hard work? Sure. Is it a Sacrifice? Sure. But it is always worth it.

I often talk to leaders who say, “I don’t know how you do it! How do you get everything done and still have that much time to pour into leaders?”

My answer is this: I started reproducing myself in leaders 6 ½ years ago when we started Next Level Church and now those leaders around me think like me, make decisions like me and lead like me to such a degree that I am free to develop more leaders.

The best time to start reproducing leaders is 10 years ago. The 2nd best time is today. Begin carving in 2 hours per week to pour yourself into the leaders around you. Trust me, it’s worth it.

? Who are the 2 to 6 people that you are going to begin pouring yourself into intentionally every week starting today?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

3 comments:

Sean said...

Great Input!

innovativeministryleader said...

Great Input!

Sally Sims said...

I was just at a conference this past weekend where a quote was presented - "Don't judge a leader by the number of followers they have, but by the number of leaders they have developed."

I don't know the original source - but it is a very different measurement of success and one that gives a different look.

Post a Comment