Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Non-Negotiables - Part 2

#2: My Family.

Man, I have seen way too many leaders compromise their family for the sake of advancement. What a waste. And none of this, “They are who I’m doing all this for.” Come on, that’s ridiculous. We’re doing it for us. That’s not bad ‘cause we all need to give our lives to something. God created us to work. That’s cool. But not at the expense of losing our families!

How’s your marriage? How are your kids? How different would their answers be from yours if I asked them those same 2 questions?

Why not go home tonight, have the hard conversation with your spouse and kids and figure out, what your Grade Point Average is for your family, and then spend the next 3 months “getting your grades up!”

They may not thank you for it today, but they will in about 10 years!

Great Question: What are you doing to Enjoy your family?

After all, they’re only young once!

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment