Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

5 Words I Use to Describe my Team - Part 1

This week I want to zoom in on the Leadership Team that God has placed inside of Next Level Church. There is no doubt in my mind that our organization would not be where we are today if it weren't for the efforts of the team around me. This week is dedicated to the 5 words I use to describe the team around me.

"Friends..."

I am truly one of the luckiest guys in the world (& I don't even believe in luck) because each and everyday I get to go to work with my best friends! I remember hearing one pastor say, "I try to find people I love to hang out with and then hire them!" That's the way I feel. I love being friends with the people I work with everyday. Not just office mates, but friends.

1. They are people I love to do life with. We spend a lot of time together, and we all just genuinely love doing life together.

2. They are people I can be real with. I don't want to live in a plastic world! Authenticity is a huge driver of the culture of NLC, and I love that our staff feel so comfortable to be real with one another. We laugh together, cry together, pray for each other and are vulnerable.

3. They are people I want to invest my life with. As a leader, I take seriously the idea that I'm not just living my life, I'm investing it. We will never get back this 24 hours. I love that I get to invest large amounts of time with the people on my team! They are truly rock stars!

Is your team, your friends? If not, why not?  and if so, why?  Tell them this week how much they mean to you and your organization!

I love my team,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment