Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

5 Words I Use to Describe my Team - Part 3

Word #3:

"Teammates..."

I love thinking in terms of sports analogies when it comes to ministry and leadership. I often think of a basketball team when I think about our church leadership team. Each person plays a unique role, has unique strengths, & is needed in order for us to win Championships! Here are a few thoughts on my NLC teammates:

3 reasons I love my teammates:

1. They have different strengths and skill sets. Just like on a basketball team, each player has a different set of skills where they excel, so does every leadership team. It's a joy to see each player bring their unique passions and skill sets to the table to make our team great!

2. They have different Roles. Every player on a basketball team has a different role to play. The forward's job is different than the center's job. and the point guard is different than the shooting guard. In fact, there is even a role known as the 6th man, that any great coach will tell is invaluable to the success of the team. At NLC, each staff member plays a different role & each role ultimately contributes to the success of our organization.

3. They have Different Passions. I'll talk more about this one tomorrow, but I love being able to see different areas of passion emerge within a leader's heart. I take my job very seriously to mine out those passions and create opportunities for our leaders to play to those passions often.

Do you have clearly defined roles for each of the people on your team? Do the members of your team know their role?

Just a bloggish thought,

matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment