Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

5 Words I Use to Describe my Team - Part 4

"Learners..."

When I think about the people I have an opportunity to lead at Next Level, I can't help but think of them as Learners. Even though they are my friends, I take seriously my role as developer and teacher in their lives. I know that in the Divine order of things, I have a responsibility to God to help my team learn and grow into their full calling and potential. Three thoughts...

1. Teachability is huge. I long to create a culture within our organization of Teachability. We define Teachability as, "being willing to relearn that which you think you already know." The team we have are amazingly teachable most of the time!
(Hey, nobody's perfect, right!!!) Their teachability makes my life as a coach and developer so much easier.

2. Moldable. I love that the attitude of our team is so pliable. They're willing to be pressed and shaped into a new form in order to become the leaders they are called to be. They're like Play-Doh, they don't mind being shaped into new shapes in order to accomplish new goals!

3. Open to be Stretched. Our team is like Silly-Putty. They are willing to be stretched to the limit at times. I firmly believe the hardest growth is the last 10%! That which separates great leaders from really good leaders, is the last 10 percentage points. These are the hardest for any leader to get. They require a tremendous amount of stretching in order to get there. The NLC team is willing to be stretched to reach their last 10%!

Are the team members on your team Teachable, Moldable, & willing to be Stretched? What about you? How would your supervisor rate you in those 3 categories?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment