Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

How I Lead Myself - Part 4

#4: I have had to learn to Control My Self.



I said it yesterday, but I think it bears repeating:

The Art of Self-Discipline is the difference between Good Leaders and Great Leaders. The undisciplined leader is a leader without longevity. I made the statement in The Up the Middle Church, my first book, scheduled for release later this year that...
"Longevity in ministry is largely determined by mastering the art of self-care. In an Up the Middle reality, the stakes are high and having a grasp on one’s personal life will make or break you."


It's too easy to allow our personal lives to be out of control. True Authentic Leadership is determined not by our public appearance, but by our private authentic self. Sooner or later our private self will become our public self. As leaders, we must do whatever it takes to make sure they are one and the same.

Where are there holes in your private self? What will you do this week, to begin filling those holes? Remember, there's too much at stake, not to deal with them.

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment